Monday, August 25, 2008

Someone thinks I'm special

I got hit with some bloggy love today. Who doesn't enjoy that? Thank you, Jamey, for giving me a smile and a warm heart this morning. And right back at you! For those of you out there not lucky enough to know her in person, Jamey is one of my dearest friends IRL, and there are few people who are kinder. And Jamey, I'm not just saying that because I want you to pick up my kids from school in a few weeks. You can say no if you want to.



I'm having real trouble staying awake today. Not only did I stay up a tad late last night to watch some of the Olympic closing ceremony, but then I had trouble falling asleep, and tossed around for quite a while. To make things worse, I woke up at 4am for no good reason at all. I knew right away that I'd never get back to sleep, and of course, I was right. I tossed again until the alarm at 5am. I think I'm looking at a grand total of 4.5 hours. I don't know about the rest of you, but that is NOT enough to keep me energetic all day. In fact, I started lagging at 2pm, and had to drink some soda to help wake me up enough for the drive home. (I have given up regular coffee due to the fun anxiety attacks it brings on, but thankfully the caffeine in soda doesn't bother me. God bless you, Diet Dr. Pepper.)

If I'm lucky, the kids will allow me a one hour nap when I get home. That would greatly help me get rejuvenated for tonight's activities: Bunco! Last month was a fight to the death between Ro and I to see who would get most losses. (You win your money back if that happens. We each contribute a whopping $5 to the pot.) Ro lost won, and left with her $5 proudly in hand.

We'll see who the winner loser is tonight, Ro...oh yes, we will.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Dude. I wake up that early, too! What the heck? Congrats on the award!

Rochelle said...

Yeah, I left with NOTHING. Oh, except a cute teddy bear - thanks to our hostess with the mostess!